Antelope Acres, a small community located in the western Antelope Valley region of Los Angeles County, California, is only 60 miles from downtown LA but boasts a rural, semi-desert landscape with rolling hills and breathtaking scenic views. Residents and tourists alike enjoy the multiple opportunities for outdoor activities like hiking, horseback riding, and off-roading.
In addition to its natural areas, it is close to nearby cities with shopping, dining, and entertainment options throughout the year, like the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds and the Lancaster Performing Arts Center.
Unfortunately, Antelope Acres is also known for its highly alkaline soil with a sandy texture that can make it challenging to grow a vibrant and healthy lawn. If you are not satisfied with the results you are getting from your current lawn treatment strategies, we can help. With over 25 years of experience, Aerations Plus is your local go-to company for top-quality lawn care in Antelope Acres, including irrigation, soil amendments, lawn fertilization, and weed control.
How The Right Irrigation System Makes Watering Your Antelope Acres Lawn Easier
It is not uncommon for homeowners to spend a lot every year trying to keep their yard irrigated and still not get the green and healthy lawn they are looking for. The right irrigation system can make watering your lawn easier while lowering energy bills in several ways, including the following:
- Timing: A well-timed irrigation system can help conserve water by ensuring you water your lawn at critical times of the day. It also frees up your schedule by eliminating manual watering.
- Cost-effectiveness: Keeping lawns watered in dry weather can quickly become expensive. The right irrigation system will reduce water waste and help conserve resources.
- Convenience: Is your yard a mix of sunny and shady areas, or are some spots more isolated than others? If so, their irrigation needs might differ. Our experienced staff can help devise a system that covers your property's various needs.
- Effectiveness: Hand-watering can sometimes result in shallow and superficial irrigation. Our top-of-the-line irrigation system encourages deep root growth, so your lawn is better able to withstand intense heat and drought.
Few things are more frustrating for home gardeners than spending considerable time and energy caring for their lawn only to end up with disappointing results. Call us today to find out how you can upgrade your strategy with cost-effective irrigation services that work.
The Most Common Weeds To Grow In Antelope Acres
You might encounter a wide variety of weeds in Antelope Acres, but some of the most common ones include:
- Nutgrass: This weed has shiny leaves and is challenging to eliminate. It often requires chemical treatments.
- Wood sorrel: Wood sorrel looks like clover, but it spreads extremely quickly and can take over your yard in no time if you are not careful. Simply pulling out the plant is ineffective as wood sorrel has a robust and weblike root system.
- Field bindweed: This opportunistic weed will steal nutrients from nearby plants to thrive.
- Bermuda grass: This highly resistant weed needs very little water to survive. However, it is easy to pull out of the soil.
Some other common weeds you might encounter include dandelions, crabgrass, and chickweed. Contact us today to learn about the various options for weed control in Antelope Acres that fit your needs and situation.
How Can You Tell If Your Antelope Acres Needs Dethatching?
Your lawn will need dethatching when the layer of “thatch” or dead grass and soil gets more than a half-inch thick. Thatch will accumulate more quickly depending on the circumstances surrounding the use of your yard. It will accumulate for a variety of reasons, including:
- Dogs digging into the lawn
- Regular foot traffic
- Fertilizer burn
- Damage from winter weather
- Pest damage
Any of these factors can accelerate the accumulation of thatch, making your lawn require a lawn dethatching service more frequently. If you notice any of the following signs, your lawn is probably ready for this maintenance service.
- Thatch is more than ½” thick
- Lawn feels bouncy or spongy when stepped on
- Dry spots are appearing
- Footprints on your lawn take more than 1 hour to disappear
- Insect problems
The presence of any of these problems or a combination thereof means it’s time to call Aerations Plus for your dethatching service! We’re here to help your lawn be as healthy, lush, and aesthetically valuable as it can possibly be.
Signs Your Lawn Could Use Soil Amendments In Antelope Acres
Soil amendments can rejuvenate dry California soil and make fertilization more effective. They can be especially effective if your soil is compacted or drains poorly, if it is nutrient poor with bare or thin patches and yellow or pale lawn, if there are signs of a pH imbalance, or if unwanted weeds are abundant.
If you want better results from your lawn maintenance strategies while also spending less, call us today to find out how we can make your yard healthier with cost-effective methods proven to work.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Joel and his team fixed my irrigation system quickly and did such a great job! I called on Saturday evening and they were at my place on Sunday morning. The service was excellent, and my grass looks great! Thanks guys"